How to get my daughter to use a cup instead of the bottle

Arob0524

Asked by Arob0524 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is she?
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 8:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• 9 months
    Arob0524

Answer by Arob0524 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• how i did it with both of my kids is give them the liquid in the cup. waited 5-10 mins and if they didnt touch it then put it in the bottle. it is very hard to transition them.. it took me 6 months to transition both of my kids.. but it varies.
    another thing u can do i know this sounds harsh is have her help you throw away the bottles. tell her its time to be a big girl and big girls dont use bottles.. its goign to be rough but if u stick with it there will be great rewards... there are also a few more suggestions i could give you .. just let me know
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 9:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I'm in the same situation. My 9 month old son likes to put the sippy in his mouth and chew on it, but doesn't understand that he needs to suck the juice in. He then gets frustrated and doesn't want anything to do with it. If you find a good way, let me know...lol!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i dont know where you live but her in my state they have cups to help you transition.. they actully have a cup that has a nipple on it... thats stage 1.. i dont know i would try looking for it at your stores..
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 9:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Try using a sippy cup that is made of the same material as a bottle nipple. I think NUK makes them.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Little Einsteins has a brand of soft tipped sippy cups with handles (I hate the NUK brand..they leaked) that worked great with my daughter.
    julionna_lion

Answer by julionna_lion at 10:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• what i did was from one to the next was take the bottle and give her a sippy cup and ...trust kids fight but they wont go thristy or hungry ....they'll eat when hungry and she has drink from a bottle ...since i was agrue with myself about it this time in may she was still using a bottle
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i bought her these take and toss ones that you can use repeated or throw away and there good or you can use the ones with disney character that they sale in like toy r us there good spilt proof
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Im in the same boat as you. My 10 month old refused to use a sippy cup and I have been trying to get her to use one since she was 7 months old. Good Luck.
    emilyhopesmom

Answer by emilyhopesmom at 11:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2009