I want to leave my son and husband and run away.........

i have been with my husband since feb 11 2003 i was 13. i lived with him and his family when i was 15. i married him when i was 17. i got pregnant when i was 17. i had my baby when i was 18. i am 19 now and i am a sahm. i am so tired of not knowing what i am doing with my life. i gave up my whole childhood for my husband and know i am regreting it all. i love my husband and my son but i want to chase my dreams and start a new life. i want to run away to my dream destination and live. please no bashing but tell me your opinions without making me out to be a bad mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Travel

• honey, you should have thought about what you wanted in life before you made the one you are in now.
    Anonymous

• although I agree with pp, I'm not going to blame you because I sure as hell wasn't thinking about what life was going to be like at 19 when I was 13! But I do think it would be wrong of you to leave your husband and especially your son. He didn't chose his life but you did even if you didn't know what you were getting yourself into. Maybe you should talk to a counselor before you do something you regret even more.
    Anonymous

• I could maybe understand wanting to run away from a bad relationship, but I can't understand wanting to run away from your baby. I guess the bottom line is that once you're a mom, you come second to your child and unless you can give your all to a baby and your dream, your child should come first.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I don't think you "should have thought about it." You were 13...you were thinking as best as you could, which at 13 and 15 and 17 and even 19 is not a thought on a fully developed brain. How could you have made a good decision with the knowledge that you had about life at that time. I am not mad at you...I pity you more than anything. Have you gone to school? That is an adventure all in itself without having to neccessarily abandon everyone. That would be my suggestion...Explore something that you are really interested in and go for your Bachelors...your Masters...your Doctorate! You are young and you still have time to dedicate your life to a passion.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i do have a councelor but she didnt really seem to talk much about it she just wants to concentrate on my past. well i dont want to leave them thats the problem but my husband dont seen to understand how i feel when i tell him i dont know what i am doing with my life. he thinks me being a sahm mom is wonderful and that it is so easy.
    Anonymous

• No you have to do what is best for you
    dont listen to that shit about you should have thought about that beofre.
    you were a damn kid
    do what your heart tells you to
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 9:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• WELL FIRST OF ALL YOU COULD START A NEW LIFE WITH YOUR BABY .... YOU CAN START BY NOT NEGLECTING HIM FIRST.. AFTER ALL YOU WERE THE ONE THAT DECIDED TO GET MARRIED AND MAKE A LIFE WITH THIS MAN.... AND I'M SORRY TO SAY THIS IF YOU DO DECIDE TO LEAVE YOUR BABY BEHIND.... YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE..... AND I'M ALSO SORRY TO SAY HUN BUT YOU ARE A BAD MOM IF YOU LEAVE YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD BEHIND JUST BECAUSE YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND ... AND DECIDED THAT WAS NOT THE RIGHT DECISION YEARS LATER..... I UNDERSTAND YOU WANT TO SOMETIMES RUNAWAY FROM IT ALL I SOMETIMES THINK ABOUT THAT BUT I HAVE NEVER EVEN ONCE SAID LEAVE MY KIDS BEHIND... THAT TO ME WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.....THEY ARE THE VICTIMS IN THIS TYPE OF SITUATIONS...... JUST TAKE THE TIME TO THINK THINGS TROUGH BEFORE YOU MAKE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE ...... AND NO I DONT THINK YOU ARE A BAD MOM.......=)
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 9:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• we are not the wealthiest people. we get by from paycheck to paycheck. i cant go to work because we cant afford daycare. i for sure cant go to college. we dont even have the money to buy me a camera to start my photography business. i am just stuck! i would rather my son grow up without a mom than to grow up with a mom who is unhappy! i feel like i take it out on him.
    Anonymous

• TELL ME ABOUT IT I HAVE 2 KIDS AND I'M ONLY 21 YRS. OLD =) BUT I STILL THINK IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE WITH YOUR HUBBY ANYMORE FINE LEAVE HIM BUT DONT LEAVE YOUR CHILD =) TRUST ME YOU COULD DO IT BY YOURSELF WITH YOUR BABY.....
    _=) THERS A LOT OF WOMEN THAT ARE DOING IT TOO ANY WAYS GOOD LUCK TO YOU HUNNY =) I HOPE YOU MAKE THE BEST DECISION FOR YOU =)
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 9:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• take your husband and baby with you! there's no reason you can't have both your dreams and your family.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009