Does anyone own a car made by GM (Saturn, Pontiac,GMC, Buick, etc) Especially Buick!

We are looking to get a new car and coming from the car show today, we really are leaning towards a Buick Enclave. But, my mom says that "American Cars Suck!" lol. I know that Japanese cars have a better reputation (we currently own a Nissan and it's been great), but how true is this?? Do they really suck? And why??? Does anybody own a Buick or other GM car? What have you liked/disliked about them?

hgibsonorc

Asked by hgibsonorc at 9:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to have one... it died right after I got it paid off... I buy Asian from now on. sorry I'm no help.
    Anonymous

• my first car was a pontiac grand prix.. i hated it .. i put some much money into it the first year that when i got my taxes back the following year i traded it for a nissan.
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 9:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My DH has a '98 Buick Century and that car has been a life-saver. No- literally. We had a wreck in it and went down the side of a mountain. Any other car, we would probably be dead. But after the wrecker pulled it out, we drove it home. He use to make weekly trips to Panama City and back in it. His mom lived there and adopted mom lived here. (in Alabama) His car has really been a trooper.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have a 1982 Trans Am. My parents bought it used when I was in 2nd grade. When I was about 12 or 13, we had the transmission rebuilt. That would've been about '89 or so. Then I had the engine rebuilt in 1999.

Those are the only major things ever done to it. It's parked now --- just couldn't afford the upkeep of all the 'little things' that go wrong with a car that old --- but it's in dad's carport under a tarp just waiting for the day I get restoration money.

I LOVE that car. I'll be buried in it before I sell it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I completely agree with Renea...I have a Buick Lesabre and I feel so safe in it. I like knowing that if I get smoked in a car, my car is made of metal, not plastic, and is built really solid. Oh, and my dream car is the Enclave...lol...lucky b***h! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have a 93 buick roadmaster. My aunt bought it brand new and handed it down to me last year. I love it. It hasn't given me any problems. I'm hoping it lasts us a few more years. Even in the 20 below weather it started up like a champ.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 9:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No Buick here but had a pontaic, it was an 07 grand prix, it rattled and cluncked. Sold it, made a little money off it... We have a Range Rover, its awesome!!!! Comfortable and roomy and hubby's from England so he's very happy... We also have a Jeep Cherokee, its on 37" tires, thats our family wheelin rig,lol... I'm so glad I have the suv's now, I can't see as well in a car, they sit way too low....
    Anonymous

• 2004 pontiac grand prix.She's smooth!
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have a buick LeSabre it's 14 years old runs good looks good and it's paid for.I had a Buick century for 6 years before I got the LeSabre it was a goodie to.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I just sold my Pontiac Sunfire (I wanted to get something with 4 doors), and it was a great car. I had it for five years and I really didn't have to do much with it other than maintenance. I'm looking at staying with Pontiac for my next car :)
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009