Third grade and odd plural words...

I found this quite amusing today. I volunteered with DS's 3rd grade class today helping the kids do online research a specific animal they had been assigned to research. After about 20 minutes this sweet little girl raises her had and tells me she can't find any information on her animal on any of the approved websites. I asked her to show me. The typed it in and it came right up. I pointed to it and told her 'see it's right there- you found it.' What she says next about cracked me up. She says, "No, that says Canada Geese my animal is the Canada *goose*" :0)

So, by third grade did you child know all of the crazy plural words like goose/geese, mouse/mice and so on...? My son does but his also hyper animal focused.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2012 in

• She should have known that
    That's taught in 1st grade here

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• That's cute. I don't know. I know my 4 year old twins will talk about a goose, and "geeses," and "gozzzzlings." But they are really intrigued by language, and animals, and anything interesting...
    (My 8 year old knows, as well.)
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 5:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• LO is 4 she knows but again, she is a major animal fanatic
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Hmmm, I'm not sure. I'll ask them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• What about moose and meese? :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2012