How is it your business what I choose to do with my body?

I am all for being pro-choice or not IN YOUR own case. I don't get why someone thinks it is someone else's business what a woman chooses to do. I do agree that unless the woman's life is endanger a pregnancy shouldn't be terminated once it is viable.

I assume that you are going to care for, or support the unwanted pregnancy, or worse, after the child is abused/neglected perhaps even killed by the parent?

I really think the world would be a better place if people just minded their own business!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 5:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• (Stupidity comment about those that choose to not use protection and then wind up with an unintended pregnancy)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• clapping When I hear stories of women having C sections by force,and men saying they'd kill to keep a woman from aborting,it scares the shit out of me. Yeah,I love how some want to keep a woman from aborting,but want nothing to do with caring for that child after birth with state funds.A child is not viable until over 20 weeks,even then it takes thousands if not millions to keep it alive.If your mind is set on abortion,and i don't care what your reasoning is,you should be able to do it because it's YOUR body. I don't have to agree with it. My body is my business,your body is yours. PERIOD

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Hot subject... but I agree. It is kind of scary that this topic is even on the table for discussion. I feel that it is a woman's right to choose.
    mommy_wambles

Answer by mommy_wambles at 5:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Technically Moseley, the fetus is part of the mother's body in a parasitic stage until it reaches the age of viability. It wouldn't be able to survive on it's own outside the womb until then. It feeds and grows from it's "host" which is the mom.

Not that I'm calling kids parasites, but from a technical and scientific position that is exactly what they are until birth
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I must have missed something......

I'm of the "My body my choice my own damn business" party. I may personally disagree with something or someone's choices (and that can range from abortion or how many pets a person) but my disagreement has no bearing on dictating another person's choices. I may or may not voice those disagreements. But it's not my life to live.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I don't know how it would possibly be my business.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Let me state up front that I am in the "I couldn't do it outside of certain circumstances but I'm still prochoice" camp.

That said, for many people the issue is because this *choice* is not made in a vacuum. The "it's your body, it's your choice" factor applies to things like tattoos or those giant earlobe holes some people like to create with the spacers or body piercings, etc. With abortion, yes, it's my body but it's also the body of a baby. It's your life - and that of the child you carry. Some will argue about viability (and I do appreciate that argument) but for those that are prochoice, there's a heatbeat, there's a life. Your choice, in this instance, is impacting anoher person.

I think abortion is one of those complex topics that both sids often try to oversimplify. "My body, my choice" fails to take into consideration the body you're aborting. On the flip side no choices fails to consider things as well.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 5:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• While I agree to a certain extent, I do have an issue with the fact that the fathers of those children do not have a say. Yes, it is a woman's body, they know the consequences of sex. Nothing is 100%.
    A friend of mine found out his SO was pregnant. He was very excited. It was something they had both talked about. a few weeks later, she called him at work and told him she was miscarried. He raced home to be with her and grieve with her. Then, he got a bill in the mail. She hadn't miscarried, she had an abortion and did tell him. He was devastated.
    I never thought about it, but it does have an effect on the fathers too.

In addition, it annoys me that some women use abortion as birth control. I know one woman who has three abortions in a little over a year!

So your body? Yes but I think people need to think a bit more about what they do with it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• My biggest problem is with these folks that care more an embryo than with living breathing children that are already here.
    Sad but true,we do not need anymore unwanted kids
    I have a few women in my family that had abortions. My aunt had 2 because her very abusive husband basically kept her a prisoner in her marriage,and would rape her all the time. Since it was not seen as rape in marriage,she had nowhere to turn for help. He didn't not allow her to be on BC,and refused to wear a condom. He told her if she got pregnant,she could just get rid of it. She agreed to it because the thought of bringing another child into that life scared her more than anything he could possibly do to her

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• And no offense to the guys, but it really isn't up to them either as they aren't the "host' It's not their bodies that are changing to support the growth and potential viability of a fetus.
    So just because someone has done something differently,such as keep a fetus produced from, it was their decision to make. They made teh choice to allow their bodies to continue to support the growth of that fetus until it could sustain it's own life. Until that point it was "preying" on the life of the host/mother and her body
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2012