Am I crazy to want Thanksgiving early this year?

I'll be a week away from my due date on Thanksgiving, so I don't think I'll be able to enjoy it fully- with heartburn and gigantic-ness and less room for food in the belly.

Think I can request it early this year?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Request it from whom?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Thanksgiving is a meal. You are not obligated to have or participate in a big Thanksgiving dinner. You can't expect others to change their plans to accommodate you.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I would lol ~ we're doing a combo Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all in one weekend this October before my AF son and family ship out ... and will likely be having birthday cakes for dessert as well. We tend to do holiday meals when the family can all be there regardless, because the actual date doesn't mean squat, it's all of getting time together that matters the most.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• LOL we do it early here, head to my side of the families most years and do the meal again.
    We also have all the Thanksgiving yummies mid year
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• No more crazy than wishing today was Friday Go for it.
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Last year my nephew was leaving for Israel for about 6 - 8 months so I hosted an early Thanksgiving so he could celebrate. I made all his favorite dishes. It was just my family but ended up with about 15 people and it was fun and much better than the real one at my in-laws.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 6:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I'd have my own thanksgiving meal early. I mean, no you can't expect people to change plans but, I suppose you could remind people that you could actually go into labor that day.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Oh I was just going to request that SO cooks it- he's the cook. I don't want family over at all. I just want the meal and the leftovers. Mmmmm.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• well then...ENJOY YOUR EARLY THANKSGIVING
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I completely forgot the family aspect of Thanksgiving- I don't have any blood family that I'm really close to. Just have my SO and daughter and SOs family- his mom is visiting in two weeks I should ask her!!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2012