Girl Scouts

Plz share everythang you can about Brownie troops. Thxs in advance

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 8:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I was a girl scout for 11 years and loved it. It's been awhile since I was a Brownie and they have changed quite a bit so here is a link that explains more- http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/facts/what_is_gs/brownie.asp

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Opps, sorry, forgot to make it clicky.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I hated it.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• What wiould you like to know. It is a large subject.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• just anything anybody wanted to share...
    mekarevell

Comment by mekarevell (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• My daughter is a Brownie. They meet twice a month for regular meetings, sometimes they do extra trips. My daughter is getting a bit bored by it. I had to convince her to join this year.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• My dd was a tom boy and didn't like doing all the arts and crafts projects that the leader had them do all the time. She was jealous of my son who was in cub scouts doing cool stuff that she wanted to do, like hiking and camping and doing some trips. it depends on your dd. I hated cookie sales because only about 20cents of every box goes to the troop the rest goes to your local girl scout counsel. The girls work so hard selling and get very little for their efforts.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2012

• I've been a Girl Scout leader for 25 years. Brownies are 2nd & 3rd graders. They earn badges that are triangle-shaped that have 5 reuirements. Girl Scouts has over 3 million members world-wide. Troops can meet as little as once a month to every week. Troops need to be self-supporting by charging dues and participating in cookie and nut/candy sales. What more do you want to know?
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2012