Couponing

Where/How do you coupon???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 8:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2012 in Shopping

• I almost never use any coupons anymore- not worth it to buy 3 of something to "save" 20 cents- and I rarely ever find coupons for things we actually use or eat anymore. Besides- generic is generally STILL cheaper anyhow
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I would have to disagree. I shop at publix and winn dixie and I am usually able to get $200 worth of food for $80 or under. The best method is to combine store coupons and manufacturer coupons and look for store deal. Let's say publix has ktaft mac and cheese buy one get one free for 2.99. I find a manufacturer coupon for .25off any kraft mac and cheese. Then lets's say publix has a store coupon in their weekly ads for.50 offany kraft mac and cheese. I can combine the coupons and get .75 off each box. That takes 1.50 off 2.99, making each only about . 75. Not bad for the homestyle mac and cheese. I use hip2save and southernsavers. Both offer a coupon tutorial and show you exactly what is on sale and what coupons to use to get the lowest price. Happy couponing!
    mommy_wambles

Answer by mommy_wambles at 9:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• P.s. I do NOT hoard condiments and toothpaste like the crazies on tv....
    mommy_wambles

Answer by mommy_wambles at 9:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• *I DO ad- match though
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I ad match when I can but only on things that I can get at an absolute deal I cannot pass up. Although I do blog about couponing, we have a store here that sells items at closeout... I can find way better deals there.

Are you asking how to coupon?   Read blogs and other sites... Here is one to check out.   It's my favorite!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I ad match when I can but only on things that I can get at an absolute deal I cannot pass up.

I do it for things we use- milk/ cheese/ veggies or fruit/ soda... I don't just buy things because they are on "sale" a lot of the time one stores sale prices are the same or still more than Walmart prices ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I deliever newspapers and there is this one woman who buys about 50 papers every saturay($1.00 per paper). Every saturday paper has tons of coupons in them. Like $150-$300 worth of savings.So that is one way to save money. BTW that woman uses the coupons to buy the items at discount then turns around and sells the items at a garage sale for a higher price than she got but lower than normal store prices.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I don't coupon. I don't have time to look through flyers and circulars to see what's on sale. I just go grocery shopping. i do have price saver cards that automatically reduces the price. My MIL works for a wholesaler and they build in the price the cost of the coupons. I think it's disgraceful.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2012

• dk
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• we dont have many coupons here
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2013