Why is it wrong?

For People to say they want Obama's left wing agenda to fail?

Hasn't worse been said about previous Presidents? At least they are fighting Obama's issues and not his person. Right? Why is Obama different than President's 1-43?

I don't get all the hate people get for someone having an opinion about actual issues.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That is the ignorance I am talking about. No one says they want the government to fail. They want his agenda to fail, so they want Government to work and there to be some bipartisanship efforts. They want there to be some centrist ideals incorporated.
    Anonymous

• I just think it's a really dumb idea to want your country's government to fail just because you don't like the president.
    Anonymous

• I don't think anyone wants the actual government to fail. If you read a little closer, the OP said 'wanting their left wing agenda to fail'. Those two things are different.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I agree. but they are only following suit. Obama himself said that anyone who does not agree with his actions is racist. I voted for him and that just blew me out of the water.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 10:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• What? When did he say that? I didn't vote for him, but even if I were considering it at the time (which I can't even conceive), that would turn me the other way immediately.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• vbongard - when did Obama say this? You know, that if people don't agree with his actions, they are racist? I thought the man was supposed to be equal for all colors? Sounds like my premonition of the man is certainly becoming more and more true every day!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I do want his radical agenda's to fail.I could careless what anyone thinks of that.I would hope anyone else would agree with me.We are on such a slippery slope too many want to deny it though.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Those are the same people that will put up a fight when the fingers of socialism effects them and their families. It's all blinders for now. Support and obey your new leader, isn't that their mantra? When you start to accept radical ideals, then the super radical ideals don't look so super anymore. Slippery slope indeed.
    Anonymous

• it's "wrong" because it is a valid threat to his political agendas. talk radio hosts like Rush are dead-on target pointing out the flaws that the liberal biased media all too often looks over. and these aren't cosmetic, either, they are issues that will have SERIOUS negative impacts on EVERYONE, rich, middle, and poor. the people who pull the racist and bigot cards aren't looking deeply enough and only care about themselves, no matter how unethical the methods are.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 10:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• We want the left wing liberal agenda to fail not America. We need real jobs that go to real people who just want to have a decent life for their children. Look where our tax dollars go - to politicians who don't pay their taxes but make millions? Government is for the people, all of us.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2009