Menopause

Someone in just for fun asked a question about menopause and I was shocked at the number of moms that were right around my age..42, that were experiencing menopause. Is this the "normal" age when it starts? What are they symptoms? I had two babies back to back at 39 and 40 and I don't think I am having symptoms..or maybe I am and just don't know it, but I would like to know what to look for.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• I have had peri-menopausal symptoms since I was 41. Hot flashes, night sweats, irregular periods, mood swings, vaginal dryness, hormones down one day and normal the next then swing the other way.Just a few of the joys. BTW Peri-menopausal means "surrounding" doesn't mean you are in full menopause yet..just gearing up for it. You can have peri crap for 10 yrs before hitting full blown menopause
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my GYN said if i quit my oeriod for a full year, then im in menopause
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i meant to say period

Anonymous