help please im clueless

ok we live with my inlaws cause our house burnt any ways my mom comes down once a week and they leave when she gets here or go in there room acting as if they dont like her they always get a attitude when i say shes comeing down...it really hurts my mom cause they act like shes not good enough for them my mom is not a high class kinda person and they are always talking about spending mega money in front of her kinda like rubbing it in her face idk what to do cause i love my mom and i dont like to see her hurt or feeling not good enough what do i do???

Destinty

Asked by Destinty at 10:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• YOU GUYS SHOULD TRY TO MOVE OUT PRONTO!!!!!!!1111 I WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING .... BUT I DECIDED TO CONFRONT MY IN LAWS AND I JUST BURSTED OUT YELLING LOL BUT THE ONLY THING THAT DID WAS MAKE MY HUBBY FEEL WORSE =( SOOO I HONESTLY THINKYOU SOULD TRY TO EVENGET A APARTMENT FOR THE MEAN TIME YOUR MOMDOESNT DESERVE THAT NONSENSE
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 10:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• wow ... have you tried to talk to your in laws? maybe that would work. or try to explain to them not to brag about spending all their money in front of her... they sound like they are acting like little kids... they need to grow up... i hope it gets better thou good luck
    proudyoungmom87

Answer by proudyoungmom87 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I would talk to my inlaws about how they treat or act around her and tell them hoe you feel about it
    Anonymous

• I'd nonchalantly let them know that you've noticed their poor attitude when she comes over. I'd calmly say "my mom is coming to visit us. I've noticed on visits in the past, it appears as though she has made you uncomfortable. Would it be better if we went to a restaurant or to the mall instead for our visit? We don't want to bother you guys seeing as you're being really kind letting us stay with you." More likely than not, they haven't realised how much you've noticed how rude they've been in the past. Politely letting them know you've noticed may be a wake-up call to them that they've been hurtful and need to mind their manners in the future. It could very well just be a part of their personality, which is something you're not going to be able to change. In that case, you're going to have to ignore it or have your DH talk to them. They'll always listen better when it is coming from their own child. Good luck!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Have you spoken to your in laws about this? Perhaps they don't realize that their actions are being noticed by your mother or other people. It's wrong of them to act this way no matter what their reasons may be. Ask your DH to help ask them to be respectful. They are adults and they should act like adults
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• well if im understanding u right , you need to talk to your husband about it and let him know how you feel about it, and that it bothers you and then maybe if hes considerate enough to you and your moms feelings, he will talk to them and let them know that it makes you uncomfertble.
    momof3102

Answer by momof3102 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's not very classy of them to flaunt what they have like that. For the simple fact that your mom raised you and loves you and wants to visit, is reason enough for them to muster up some respect for her. It's unconscionable and appalling. Explain to your Mom that they are acting like trolls and that you adore her regardless.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i would try talking to the in laws and see if it helps
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• tell your mom they are ignorant ppl and that she has more class in her pinky than both of them combined. Money isnt what makes a person a good person. If they have to validate themselves as ppl by their money then they are shallow and not worth her time to fret over them. Tell her to hold her shoulders back and hold her head up knowing she's a wonderful human being. That's obviously more than what they are on a good day. More ppl would rather be like your mom with a pure and loving heart than to be shallow humans with no empathy for others like them. They are just rude.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:04 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• That's horrible! His parents are assholes
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 1:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2009