How long do newborns sleep? I can't remember!

This is a dumb question, I know, because I think it's fine - I just can't remember from my first: how much do babies sleep in their first week?! All my 5-day old does is eat and sleep. That's all they do, right?! He has maybe 30 minutes of non-eating alert time a day. Does that sound right?

I know he's getting enough to eat (I'm seeing a LC about things) and he's healthy. Guess I just forgot how much babies sleep. Right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• THEY SLEEP 18 OR MORE HOURS....
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 10:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• All they do is eat and sleep for the first 6 weeks.... at least
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Eat and sleep...........enjoy it :) Give him a few more weeks he will much more active :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• They eat, sleep and poop. You all forgot the poop. Yes it sounds like he is fine.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yeah that is all the normally do. Except I had a very awake baby and still do. He slept more as a newborn but I clearly remember him being awake for a good part of the day, though he did and does sleep pretty good at night.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009