I saw just some of yesterday's republican's convention

was carig for daughter and was not able to see it all the way through, and saw none of nights

last night's coverage....
all I heard was God, God, God ... how many times was God mentioned?

Is God on the ticket?

I was turned off !
I do not care if a candidate believes in a God or not.
but I do expect that they keep their own belief to themselves
and
OUT of MY government

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 12:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2012 in Religious Debate

• i am not happy with either side
    guess i will be voting against who i want to be in office less
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• Though I am a believer, I feel that both parties use God and other topics to pin against each other, but when anyone gets in office, NOTHING happens! This country was founded on Christian beliefs, but the two parties that exist extort each other and no one is fixing the problems in this country. Each party has their own agendas and paybacks, but what happened to for the people and by the people? No one is addressing the issues that exist in this country and how they are going to be fixed. I feel that each person in the political arena are just puppets for their parties and the ones who paid for them to be in office. We need people who are going to stand up for their beliefs and do something for the people who live and work in this country!
    Godsartist10

Answer by Godsartist10 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• I'm not completly interested in a person's faith. Nor the over use of religion in politics. I am not comfortable with religion being what guides a politician's decisions. I do find knowing the background of a person's history, including faith, helps me to determine if I find them genuine. I would equally be fine with someone who said they were athiest or agnostic. But being open and real to glimpse who you are as a person. It is a balancing act because honestly I do not care to know every detail but just enough to get an idea of what brought you here to this place and time to be running for office. Mostly just your views on issues and agenda for the term to come.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Totally with you here. That wasn't the only part of the convention that made me sick, but it was a big one.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2012