How do I get my son to be more Independent?

I just want to be able to walk into and room for at least 2 seconds with out him flipping out! And to the ones that freaked out and said Its my job get over it, I reworded the damn question, no crap its my job as a mother, you think I'd get on this website if i didn't care about my son. I just mean how do I get him to stop being so spoiled.

lukies-mom-1219

Asked by lukies-mom-1219 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, it's most likely just another phase that he will grow out of. IMO the best way to help him out of this phase is to constantly reassure him that you'll ALWAYS be right there, and that your not going to leave him. It's very normal for LO's to be super needy, it's healthy, and I advise you to cherish it while it lasts. One day he will want nothing LESS than to be in the same room as you and you'll miss this time.
    Anonymous

• I use distraction..I give her a toy that is "cooler" than me lol...it will take time, so dont try to rush it...baby steps
    GL, I think ALL mom's at least 98% have this problem so dont worry about the B*TCHES
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• This is to Mikayla Lynn,

Ya he used to be ok, and I do that all the time. but lately like the past 3 weeks probably. He SOOOOOOOOO needy. wont let me away from him. ya know.
    lukies-mom-1219

Answer by lukies-mom-1219 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2009