Potty Training.....HELP!!!

I have no idea how to start potty training ..i bought everything the training diaper and toilet seat and potty and i sit her for a while and like nothing ?? I dont know if im right or not ???

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • my daughter is 28 months old and she does tell me when she does pee and poo
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Make sure you take her every 30 mins or so. Even if she doesn't have to go, have her sit and "use" the potty. That way she will get the idea. But stick to it, every 30 minutes, sometimes she will go, sometimes not.........but you are "training" her to get used to it. As she gets better extend the time for about an hour. Don't worry, sometimes it takes a while, but she WILL get it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• put her on there and give her a sippy cup of water and have her drink up hopefully she then pees and u want to make sure she is ready tho is she telling u she has to go or is she telling u when she goes in her diaper things like that if there not ready they are not ready it take time
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• how old is she? is she ready? sit her on the potty right after she drinks a sippy/cup of juice and then sit her on the potty every 15-20 min. and ask her if she has to go even with no answer you are still teaching her what you mean. oooo give candy and make a HUGE party out of it when she even TINKLES in the potty. YAY GOOD GIRL WE TINKLED IN THE POTTY YAY WE GET ****** insert reward sucker, balloon, stickers, etc.******* YAY BIG GIRL!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• btw some people are not as gutsy but i put my dd straight into big girl pants after only a couple of days on the learning pants b/c she got the idea and we got to be a big girl with big girl panties.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I started potty training my daughter at 2 1/2 and I started by putting the potty in the living room and I let her run around with a bare butt, when she went in the potty I made up a potty song and I sang that and acted really excited(which I was) after a week are so I moved the potty into the bathroom, we have the potty that hooks onto the big pottty, and it has worked beautifully! I think potty training works differently for each child and you will just have to see what works for your little one. I took bits and pieces of other peoples methods and found what works for my daughter, good luck! Oh yeah, EVERY child has accidents, but you'll get through it :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 1:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Oh yeah, I went straight to panties after I moved the potty into the bathroom.......
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 1:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009