rash on privates

DH has what looks like a red rash on his penis, says it "hurts" after intercourse. It looks to me like a patch of raw skin that has peeled away, similar to the way a burn would.

By "hurt" I mean irritated, just feels raw. The top layer of skin peeled away, and now a second layer is exposed and red.

I'm 7mos pregnant, and had a yeast infection at my Dec appt. We're wondering if maybe this is a reaction to that yeast infection, and if any of you have come across something similar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• i personally havent but i would tell him to get checked A.S.A.P.... that fact that its peeling scares the crap out of me...

i dont see a yeast infection doing that....DO NOT HAVE SEX..... sure you know that but i just had to say it.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• The symptoms you mention are NOT normal in any way, and to the best of my knowledge, are not be a sign of a yeast infection. Your husband MUST get seen by a doctor immediately. If he has somehow contracted an STD, you AND your baby may be at risk. If it is, in fact, a yeast infection, if the skin is peeling and raw-looking, that creates a situation where an infection is likely to happen. For the health of BOTH of you, please take him to the doctor ASAP!!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have given my DH a yeastie on his....well you know. The doc told us to put the cream that comes in the yeast infection kit on him...the stuff for external itching and burning...and it cleared right up. Yeasties are catchy so don't have sex while you have one...sex can make them worse for you as well.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2009