Husband wants my daughter to move

I have been married to my husband for 10 years. I have a 20 year old daughter she lives with us. My husband has just started talking to his daughters who he signed his rights over when they were 3 (they are twins they are now 18) he has just started having a relationship with them and he wants them to move in with us. But we don't have the room so he wants my daughter to move out so they can have the room I told him no. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2012 in Relationships

• At 18 and 20, none of them need to be living at home.
    Moseley

Answer by Moseley at 4:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• Well they are all three adults. Perhaps you can get a set of bunk beds and they can all share a room. That will likely drive them all out quickly. LOL :)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• moseley I am not going to kick my 20 year old out my daughter can live home as long as she wants. Hell I lived home until 26.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• I think that is selfish and ridiculous, especially if your daughter is in school. He can get to know them without altering your family and moving them in,

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• It doesn't seem fair to your daughter. On the other hand she is 20. If she is in school or college, then she probably needs financial support. If she isn't in school, then she should have a job and be able to support herself. On the other hand, the 18 year olds are in a similar situation, although a little young to be on their own. They should be in school or have full time jobs so that they can be saving money toward getting their own place.

Answer by Bmat at 4:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• Tell him no! Why should your DD be out because he decided to play daddy now?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• They are all adults. Why can't they go o their own apartments and just visit?
    That would be all three of them.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• I don't think he gets to kick your daughter out so his can move in!! Where do his daughters live now? If he's raised your daughter since she was 10, he's been more of a father to her than to his girls, and he's going to break her heart treating her this way.

Is your daughter working? Going to school? Does she follow your rules. This seems awfully random and unfair to me.

I don't know the circumstances, but I'd have a hard time dating a guy who gave up rights to his children. If he can walk away from his own kids........
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• texas- I no way want my daughter to move out my daughter is welcome home as long as she wants.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• If she's welcome home as long as she wants, why are you posting this question? You already answered it.
    Moseley

Answer by Moseley at 4:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2012