She peed in the potty!!

Hooray! I haven't pressured her at all on the topic (2.5 girl) and we've just always talked about it and had the potty available and read books on it. During her nap she took off her diaper and refused to put it on- so I sat her on the potty with a full cup of milk, then a popsicle and she peed 3 times. Now she doesn't want to wear diapers :P We have big girl pull ups on now!

Tips ?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No tips, just a CONGRATS! I made the mistake of pushing potty training on DD when she started showing a few signs and now she is afraid of the damn thing. We have backed off completely and she will now sit on it on her own (with diaper still on). I would skip pull ups though, because the feel just like a diaper. You can plastic undies for potty training and those show them what it feels like when you potty in real undies.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• Congrats mama! I agree with AF, skip the pull ups, I really don't think they help.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• Hoorah
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 7:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• Thanks! I picked up a pack of pull ups last week when I found them in the clearance cart for 3.49, just for the future if we needed them. She didn't want to put a diaper on and we have to go to the store tonight so I didn't want an accident in the cart.

:D
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• Yay! My biggest tip is only panties during the day. She she may wet herself but, then she'll really feel it. It helps them to learn faster. And, only use pull ups at bed time.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• Congrats. Don't bother with the pull ups. Just use them at night. Go right to underwear.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• That's great!
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• She's doing great! Hello Kitty panties and all :)

Pooping is a tad bit trickier for her- seems to happen right outside the potty- but she's got the peeing down!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2012