Should i be worried or am i just overreactting?

a friend of mine stood over my house one night and while i was sleeping something told me to get up and check on my son who was sleeping in his room (he's 10 months old and fyi we have a monitor but i just couldnt hear him) so i went and checked but he wasnt in the bed so i panicked and rushed to the living room to find my friend craddling my son. i asked her what was she doing and she said that he was screaming and since i didnt wake up she went to get him..the weird thing is that i dint hear him cry which i always do and any other time she's heard him cry she never even looked in his direction. then she tried to tell me that they were bonding and she started to laugh and i didnt find it funny so i reached for my son and took him in my room and locked the door. i havent mentioned anything too her but i still felt uncomfortable about the whole thing. am i overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I can understand you being freaked out because I would have been too, but maybe there really is a good explaination for it, I mean maybe he wasn't screaming but fussing a little bit so she figured she would be nice enough to rock him to sleep for you, IDK how you could really ask her with her getting offended if it was nothing, maybe joke around next time she says something about coming over and tell well okay as long as you don't try to kidnap my son again hahaha, and she what she says then that should give you a better idea if its nothing or if you should be freaked
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• im not sure what to think, i mean clearly something set off a red flag for you. Was there anyone else around? and y was she there when u were sleeping
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• THAT IS VERY STRANGE...AND NOT RIGHT...KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THAT FRIEND...HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE MOVIE..."ROCK THE CARDLE"
    Anonymous

• well she was awake because she was using the computer which i told her was ok. and it was late and i was really tired which is why i went to sleep and nobody else was around cause its just me and my baby and my husband was working, which is really the only reason why i let her stay over..
    Anonymous

• i think you are overreacting,not trying to be mean but i know this has happen to me and but i didn't hear him cry cause my battiers dead on the moniter but my friend also found out she was preggers and she didn't know what to think and she was trying to figout if she really wanted a baby or give it up, cause i talked to her aboput it after i blew up and she told me she was preggers so i think you need to talk to her and see what her story is...........
    Anonymous

• I totally know what you mean.. I was molested by two men in my family, one was my uncle, the other my own father. My uncle never cared about feeding me or taking care of me when I was like 6 years old, but once when I was sick and my aunt told me to go lay down and try to sleep.. he followed and started sticking his thing in my butt. My aunt came in and asked what he was doing (under the covers) and he replied, "Putting her to sleep" and she believed him. I was 6 and scared, I didn't know any better. I should've told her right then and there but I was scared. You should keep an eye out but don't accuse her just yet.
    Anonymous

• I would trust your instincts, instincts are rarely wrong.I would deffinately talk her about it. tell her to wake you up next time or dont invite her to be over when you will be asleep. avoid putting your son and yourself in the same situation again.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't think it was overeacting I think it was Mommy Syndrome. We as mothers have that instinct that something isn't right and we react to it. I mean it could have been where you were sleeping hard and didn't him the baby cry but then again it could have been something strange going on. The good thing is you got to the scene before anything happened if it was going to happen. I wouldn't worry to much about it if your baby isn't acting strange or anything but I would keep an eye on anyone not just friends but ANYONE who is with your baby. You did a good job as a mother to make sure all was well. We can never be overprotoctive of our kids because its our job to make sure they are safe
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• don't let her stay over again.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• that is very wierd I could hear my baby cry from the front yard i am SURE I would hear her in the next room.....I wouldn't have that friend stay over anymore .
    sixpalominos

Answer by sixpalominos at 1:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2009