Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rash... maybe TMI

DH has what looks like a red rash on his penis, says it "hurts" after intercourse. It looks to me like a patch of raw skin that has peeled away, similar to the way a burn would.

By "hurt" I mean irritated, just feels raw. The top layer of skin peeled away, and now a second layer is exposed and red.

I'm 7mos pregnant, and had a yeast infection at my Dec appt. We're wondering if maybe this is a reaction to that yeast infection, and if any of you have come across something similar?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (8)
  • It could be from your yeast infection.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

  • Sounds like he may have gotten his own yeast infection. He should probably see his doctor, so that s/he can perscribe him some cream.

    Answer by KristinRox at 11:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

  • just wondering if it's thrush... any idea the difference between a yeast infection and thrush?

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

  • DH gets something similar to this when he gets chaffed.  It usually takes him about a week to recuperate before we can have sex without hurting him.


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • It could be the Least, Or it could be from the Sex when women are pregnant they don't lubricate as much so its probably just irradiated, Get some good lube and see if that helps, it happens to my Hubby all the time when I'm pregnant!

    Answer by MrsCarlton at 12:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • if ur dry when u have sex it can make ur b/f sore and red.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • thrush is an infection of the mouth that babies get occasionaly when there mom's have a yeast infection during delivery. I am not positive but I think that is the only instance of thrush, it would probably be something else for your dh. best to get it checked out just in case he needs some cream/antibiotics. If he has an infection then you could just keep passing it back and forth.

    Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • My fiance has had this before, I think it's just from not enough lubrication. Tell him to put some polysporin on it and it should clear up in afew days.

    Answer by BambiF at 2:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.