bloody show

i am 31wks1d and today while i was out a lunch with my mom i went pee and wiped and there was a lot of discharge and it was light pink... since then it has gotten and almost stopped..i was wondering if this could be the "bloody show" and if not should i be worried about it?

soon_2_be_mom09

Asked by soon_2_be_mom09 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could very well be and that would mean I think 1-3 days labor?Mine fell out in shower. very mucasy like with twinge of blood.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, mucus plug could be starting to "unplug".
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would mention it to your ob, dr, midwife or whoever you see, but if it's pretty much stopped I wouldn't think that labour is imminent. It will usually continue and get more red as labour progresses. But defintitley mention it because if it is your mucus plug and labour is close then they'll want to stop it this early.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would definetly let your doctor know. When I had my bloody show I called the hospital but they wanted me to wait for either contractions or for my water to break. 12 hours later my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and 10 hours later I deliverede my baby but I've heard that some lose it early but deliver that term and some lose it and deliver within hours.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Had you had sex or a cervical exam in the 24-ish hours previous to that happening? either one can irritate your cervix causing it to bleed slightly which will show up as pinkish discharge. Definitly call your ob and mention it to them but they will probably ask you that question. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• no i havent had any exam or sex.... i will definitely call my doc...
    soon_2_be_mom09

Answer by soon_2_be_mom09 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2009