is my baby overweight?

my 5 month old is almost 17 lbs i feel like she is eating too much, but then not sure bc she may NEED to eat that much. is anyone else going thru this with their baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what percentile is she in for weight?
    Anonymous

• no that's fine. she's perfect.
    Anonymous

• she's fine...my son was 14lbs 4oz at 2 months...i'm sure he'll be huge by 5 months lol.but no your baby is definitely not overweight.thats perfect size.
    pannah

Answer by pannah at 11:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my daughter was 22 lbs at 6 months, your daughter is fine, she will lose it when she starts to crawl. My DD hasnt gained an ounce since she was 6 months and started to roll and try to get around , she is now 81/2 motnhs
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My son was over 18 lbs at 5 months and now at 6 months is 20.... although boys and girls have a bit of a different Growth curve, I wouldn't worry about it at this age.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• babies cannot be overweight!
    feed your baby when he or she is hungry. follow baby's cues and you will be fine.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:04 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My baby girl is in the 94% for height and weight, at 6 months she is 19 lbs and about 28 inches tall! The thought crossed my mind for a whole second that she might be eating too much, and then I remembered that she is a baby and she should eat when she darn well pleases, ya know? My baby is breastfeed and I feed on demand which feels like all the darn time sometimes but soon they'll be toddling around and even out. My two year old was the same way and now she is a 29 lb 2 1/2 year old.......dont worry about it momma : p
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 12:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My DD is 18 pounds at 5 months. Shes above the 95%. shes onlly breastfed so its a healthy fat. I don't think a baby can eat too much at that age if they are breastfed. if its a bunch of formula and/or rice cereal then I think it can be an unhealthy overweight.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• There is no such thing as an overweight BABY. Feed her when she's hungry.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:46 AM on Feb. 6, 2009