Should I be concerned? Bleeding with bowel movement.

TMI! After a bowel movement I noticed the toilet was full of blood. Enough to turn the water red. I was having issues with hemorrhoids ever since my little one was born, but I've never experienced this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• are you taking diet pills?, i was taking alli and it was making me do tmi but i found myself bleeding and then i threw them a way, you might have to do something withb the hemorrhoids
    Anonymous

• no diet pills. I have had bleeding with hemorrhoids before but just streaks or something on tissue. Never as much as this time. Thanks for the response!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have this same issue. some times poop is rough, which makes your hemorrhoids bleed. Talk to your doc if your concerned. I have been dealing with them since 2003. it does not happen often but if you like take some stool softeners and that should help with some of the bleeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• you know what... kinda embarrassing but w/e.... i had the same problem not to long ago and its not all gone, but my hubs says it might be something u ate possibly ripping something inside..its sensitive tissue... just watch and if it doesnt get better call a doctor asap...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• No, seek professional advice despite the roids. The toilet all bloody is suspicious. Call in the morning.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• you can have a GI bleed! Google GI bleed!!!
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 2:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My DH has had this happen with his roids. You may have a serious case and need a script for supositories. Check with your doctor.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I had this happen approx. 6 months after I had my son. I had a colonoscopy (I was 22 at the time). And the doc said everything was fine. Just a hem. One of the reasons they gave me a colonosopy at such a young age was because I have a family history of colon/rectal cancer on BOTH sides of my family including my great great uncle dying at the age of 20 because of colon cancer. I have noticed lately I have been bleeding again. It still bothers me - I wonder how long it takes cancer to come about.....I would definately talk w/your doc. It may be embarrissing but trust me - they deal with that all the time and don't really think anything of it. HTH
    Anonymous

• A friend of mine went threw the same problem but she ended up with bad news she had cancer which now she has a bag that she does her job in, so hun get looked at you don't want to go threw what she went threw she won't even date cause she is not happy for what happened in her life..
    Anonymous

• My hubby had the same problem. He went to the dr and had a colonoscopy. Everything came back fine thank goodness, and it was also related to hemorrhoids so it only happens every so often. But it is important you let your dr know so they can do a colonoscopy if they feel its beneficial.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2009