eating food!!

how can i get my 9 month old baby boy to eat solids?? he keeps fighting it and wont eat!! please help anyone!!!

Gina11062208

Asked by Gina11062208 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It takes alot of times for babies to take new things. It took my son like 10 times before he would take it. So just keep Trying!
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 12:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Has he been eating them and recently stopped or have you been fighting him for some time? I noticed that my daughter (same age) is recently no longer interested in me feeding her. She wants to do it herself. So...it is finger foods all the way for us lately. Baked apple & pear, steamed carrots, broccoli, green beans...pasta...crackers....toast...chicken strips....beans...all in little bite size pieces. If you've been fighting solids in general...try eating in front of him and make it look like the best thing ever. Smile, make faces, rub your belly, say YUMMMM...at 9 mo. they really want to start doing what you do....so if you're doing it, maybe he will. Good Luck
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Just keep trying little bits at a time...
    Sometimes it's a consistancy thing..so try diluting whatever babyfood you're feeding him with a little more water, that way it wont be so much as a shock.
    And then has he gets better with one consistancy, make it a little thicker, then a little thicker, and then finally to normal.
    Let him accept it at his own pace, he'll figure it out!
    deacons_mommy07

Answer by deacons_mommy07 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 6, 2009