Republicans, I need help with a history paper?

So I need to write a paper about this bailout and how it is making history for a report for my class, well there is a term I heard today that I really want to use in my paper but I do not know what it means. I have tried to look it up, but can't find a meaning for it. I heard two men in the library talking about the "Republican Circlejerk". Can you tell me 1.)what the republican circlejerk is? 2.)how they do it, and 3.)do all politicians do this or just republicans? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

•                         THERE IS REALLY NOTHING LEFT TO SAY......

SO A SWEETPEA WILL DO I T FOR ME:    eye rolling

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• YEAH--take a look at what Obama is doing to the country and you will have an answer to your question. If you are seriously writing a paper--read up on what FDR did to our country and follow up by reading Herbert Hoover's book--A Challenge to Liberty--and you will have a better understanding of what the Dems are jerking around and what Socialism is going to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• its making history cuz its the biggest load of baloney in government spending....ever.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 12:16 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• a circlejerk are you serious
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yes. Why is that unbelievable? What is a circlejerk? Is it something really bad?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• The Urban dictionary:
    1. circlejerk

To kneel in a circle with others and pleasure oneself. Also refers to a pompous, self-congratulatory discussion where little to no progress is made.
    1. "I just walked in on a circlejerk yesterday; it was terrible!"
    2. "Did you catch that board meeting? Man, what a circlejerk!"

So basically what those guys were saying is that the Republicans are talking a lot of good talk about fixing things and nothing is getting done. It's not a term reserved only for Republicans it can be used for anything, Considering the origins of the the term I don't know that I would use it in a school paper though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Ok, i'm taking a guess here, but I doubt you want to use it in your paper. My guess is this: a circle jerk will be very similar to the old saying "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". But with lots of people standing in a circle, each one scratching the back of the person in front of them. Only it's not backs or scratching that are involved.

And yes, this would apply to all politicians.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It was probably a couple of gay men making plans to get together with a group of friends to pleasure themselves while looking at photos of Tom Selleck.
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 12:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You mean like what Republican congress man Larry Edwin Craig was trying to do in the bathroom when he tried to pick up that undercover cop?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• laughingRepublican circle jerk!!!!  You know it has to be true.  LOL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2009