Alright older moms... what's your favorite book for natural ways to deal with perimenopause?

Hot flashes make me instantly over-the-top angry and general mood swings don't mix well with a toddler. I don't want to take hormones since they pose lots of health problems as we age. Have you had any luck following the advice in a book?

On a lighter note - just think what my husband has to look forward to with me in full perimenopause swing just as our daughter hits puberty. Lucky guy.

kaycee14

Asked by kaycee14 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Health

• I have heard a diet rich in soy helps a lot. Most asian women eat a ton of soy in their diet and I have heard that hardly any of them experience the bad symptoms of menopause. My sister was the queen of hot flashes...she called them power surges lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Buy the biggest box of popsicles... put them in the freezer. Every time you feel your temp rising eat one. It will keep you from biting someones head off, save your marriage, your friendships and they won't put you away.  It works like a charm.  Try it!happy

Mommy2Tamara

Answer by Mommy2Tamara at 9:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2009