Who gets the bill for the fire trucks that come to your house?

I was just wondering, my hubby works for the county and just called me about an hour ago and said that a house was on fire and he wouldnt be home because he had to lay salt for them blah blah...anyways he said that there were atleast 19 fire trucks at this little house that was one fire, fire trucks from 6 different counties showed up, even from another state! Who the heck is going to get the bill for that? My husband got in an accident one time and one firetruck showed up and they sent him a bill for 500 some dollars, so you know this one isnt going to be cheap! I definately wouldnt want to be those people, have my house burn down and then recieve a bill for unescessary trucks, wow!

laurenparent

Asked by laurenparent at 12:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the city it comes out of your taxes
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• at least you would think the city would pay and you re pay by city taxes
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 1:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• oh even better...
    laurenparent

Answer by laurenparent at 1:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Why so many fire trucks and counties involved, this sounds a little strange to me. Maybe it was a slow night and they decided to run a drill of how fast they could respond because this really makes no sense. I just posted last week in embarrasing moments that I called 911 thinking my house was on fire. lol Just 1 truck showed up and I live in a populated city.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• oh and by the way, I soooo thought I would be billed or fined because I felt so STUPID, but yeah, they said it is included in property taxes and even your phone bill (911).
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I know that the paramedics are on my water bill so I am sure that the fire is in with city taxes....
    sixpalominos

Answer by sixpalominos at 1:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I know you get a bill if an ambulance has to come get you but I'm pretty sure the firetrucks are paid for by the city.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Firetrucks are usually paid for with your property taxes and state taxes.

When I was a kid, our house burned. Twice. (Yeah, I know, you'd think it was jinxed, wouldn't you? Actually, the second fire, one year later, was a result of poor workmanship on some of the wiring that had to be done after the first!) The first time was in the winter, and my mom had come to wake us up for school. An icicle fell, broke the window, then the wind blew the curtains into the toaster. They caught fire, and by the time the alarm went off the whole wall was up in flames. We had 4 firetrucks, an ambulance, and a couple police cars show up. This was in St. Paul, MN.

The second time the fire was smaller, 2 trucks were there, no ambulances.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• jespeach, that's just insane! An icicle? Wow.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2009