can guys be in the Breastfeeding classes??

they dont show anything too revealing right??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Who knows; it's not like there is a standard. I'd ask the director of the class, but it is important that the guys understand how things work, that breastfeeding is hard work, that it takes a couple of months to establish a supply and the relationship, and that saying "why don't you just do formula" is NOT helpful.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• They are allowed in our hospital/class after all they are a part to the pregnancy and all that is involved,you will see videos and get brochures(varies by hospital)
    It is nothing that is done that makes your body feel violated in front of others.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My husband came with me when we took the breastfeeding class and it was helpful when came time to actually breastfeed. He remembered a lot of the techniques that they suggested that I had forgotten about. We plan on taking the class again in May together, so I would definitly suggest he goes with you.
    lillysmama2008

Answer by lillysmama2008 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My husband came to the hospital breastfeeding class - it was actually helpful to have him there because he learned everything I did and when you're tired and have just had a baby - you need all the help remembering what to try and how to do things that you can get. I think it made him even more supportive with the whole situation.

Good luck
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• one thing i don't have in common is the breasfeedin class my SO wants me to breastfeed our baby boy because he is a breast guy ithink or something like that he said he wanted me to breastfeed so yeah. but he wouldn't come with me if i went because he is scared oh doctors or other people i think.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009