Should I stop?

My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant and I could possibly be pregnant, but the thing is, is that in order for me to sleep I have to take sleeping medicine. I take Benedryl and I dont know if taking 2 pills every night before I go to bed is bad for the womb and the baby.

Should I stop taking them?

SouthernBaby293

Asked by SouthernBaby293 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• Check with your obgyn. My opinion is to stop taking benedryl
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• We are not doctors. Talk to your ob/gyn. That's what he gets paid for.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• i look at it this way..with a baby you are not going to be sleeping through the night at first so you should see it as training for a baby.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• Ask your doctor or pharmacy how to get of the med , then find non pills to fall asleep with, a rub , boring stories . Stress blocks everything. so relaxing helps.
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• there are sleep aids that are safe during pregnancy. not all are. I would start now on trying natural ways to fall asleep. make a night time routine. try camomile tea and relaxation techniques. Just because someone says it is safe, it doesn't mean you should take it every night.
    and sex helps both men and women sleep better.
    zetajen

Answer by zetajen at 5:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• You can look up the safety of medications for pregnancy here: http://www.safefetus.com/

Personally, I would quit strong medications and I would try natural methods. Sleepytime tea, orgasms, long baths, magnesium (mamacalm), etc.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I would stop if I thought I was pregnant, thats just me.
    d.wooldridge

Answer by d.wooldridge at 12:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2012