when do u know u are babying your children?

daddy things im to ez on our girls, but i think thats a mothers job to help our children until we know they are ready.

tuty2403

Asked by tuty2403 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • That depends on the several things. Are your kids well behaved? Do they whine and get what they want? Are they kids who stomp and yell to their rooms when they can't have their way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• no my kids are not like that. my 4 year old is a strong girl. she my bend the rules at times but not as bad as kicking and stomping her feet. she knows when me or dad say no its NO. and my 1 year old shes just beginning with the no and yes she really doesnt understand yet. she doesnt even know how to say mommy yet.
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Well then I'd say they are alright then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• lol daddy is a marine should i say more!!!
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 1:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• you know that you are babying your kids if they start to become whiney and don't want to do anything without your help.
    mommabear0124

Answer by mommabear0124 at 1:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• thats just it my kids are not whiney my daughter ask for my help at times and i help her but most of the time she like to do things on her own.
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 2:04 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• ok I have had 3 girls and at 4 they were only whiney when they were tired or hungry. I didn't baby them I just gave some thought as to how do I meet their needs. They were never spoiled and their dad did 20 yrs in the military.
    Now I have a 4 yr old step-grandson and a 4 yr old son.
    My step grand son is SPOILED to the core, he gets EVERYTHING and NOTHING is expected of him, like picking up his toys.
    My son , I don't waiver on what I expect. You clean up your toys or they go in the garage. You don't eat your breakfast, there will be no snacks until lunch. Inbetween my firmness I let looses on the hugs and kisses. In return he's a happy kid.
    You know your babying your kid when you let them do as they please and have eveything they want.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would say that you know you're babying your child when you ignore their attempts to do things on their own. A child's primary objective is to gain independence from the parents, and they can only achieve this if they are able to do things by themselves when they are ready. Children will tell you when they are ready to "do by self" even without words, and if a parent doesn't allow this to happen, and does everything for a child, then they are babying their child.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 6, 2009