Do you cook with alcohol? Do people look at you funny when you buy the alcohol?

I use it A LOT, tequila fahitas, tequila lime chicken, apple bourbon pork tenderloin, wine in my sauce, sake for teriaki, every time I go to the store and get a lot of alcohol the cashier looks at me like I'm an alcoholic. I've told her I cook with it and she gives me that "sure you do" look. If you cook with alcohol as much as I do has this ever happened to you?

Keni-Lyn

Asked by Keni-Lyn at 8:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2012 in Food & Drink

• No, I don't cook with it.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2012

• I cook with it a lot, but I don't buy that much. I've never noticed anyone give me a look when I buy alcohol, not that I would care if they do, lol.
    What I use more often for cooking is tequila, beer, whiskey and vodka (love pasta with vodka sauce!), and of course, wine

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I bake with it, DH uses it in chili and pasta sauce, it's part of a religious ritual, we occasionally drink for fun, but DH also uses vodka as a solvent for work. When CVS has their horrible vodka on dirt cheap sale, I stock up on it for him. I can only imagine what they think LOL
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I use wine a lot in my cooking. They came out with wine in resealable paper boxes like what they have for juice and broth. I buy lots of them at a time. If I don't use it I can put it in the fridge.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Yes I cook with alcohol I use it in various sauces, no funny looks
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 6:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I don't use it that much, but the cashier can eff off if I am buying something at the store. My purchases (as well as the purchases of other customers) is what pays her wages.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

•  I usually don't buy large amts. of it, but if I do for like a party or something, I not only don't get a look I don't even get carded dammit!  lol :p

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• Yes and no

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• AF4life, I LOVE Moscato...it used to be white zinfandel, my cheap go to drink, now it's Moscato. But, you're right, it's awfully sweet for cooking!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• I cook with it plenty, but like Ohwrite, I don't buy it all at one time. If I decide I want to use some wine in dinner and we don't have any then I go buy it. Or if I want to marinade the steaks in whiskey or beer and we have none in the house, I go get some. The only thing we have a regular supply of in our house is Moscato, and I don't like to cook with it. I prefer to use dry wines when I use it to cook, and we don't really drink dry wine.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2012