Do you know anyone who has had brain surgery?

I've had 2, for epilepsy and haven't had a seizure since the second one. If it comes up and I mention it people look at me in disbelief. It's almost like they think I'm lying....why? Why would I make something like that up? When I have them feel the drill wholes in my skull (if they will, alot get grossed out), then, and only then do they believe me. Do you know anyone that's gone through this?

Keni-Lyn

Asked by Keni-Lyn at 9:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2012 in Relationships

• I was wanting to but wasn't a good candidate for it, I also have seizures. Congrats one being seizure free after the second surgery.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• A friend of mine has a son who had a brain tumor several years ago. He healed completely from it and just turned 18. That kid is awesome, and he's been through so much.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• nope
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• My father had brain surgery when he was 67. He had a tumor removed. It was a successful surgery, difficult recovery. Complications from the surgery (blood clot) ended his life.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• One of DD's classmates had surgery to remove a tumor when he was a sophomore I think. He still has a steel plate in the back of his head.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• Yes, my DD has. It's just such a foreign idea to people, I guess. It's a little easier for them to comprehend for her, because of her cerebral palsy, but I still get a blank stare when I say "brain surgery"
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• My mom did to scrape an infection off her brain
    ansley3

Answer by ansley3 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• yes 3 people.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• yes my cousin
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 4:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• My son Kenny suffered from medication resistant seizures...30 minute grand mal every 3 nights. He had three brain surgeries before he passed away in 1997. Glad to hear your surgery was successful! That is awesome you are very lucky.
    Specialk3190

Answer by Specialk3190 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2012