Grout

I have tile floors and can never seem to get the grout clean....any suggestions?

Keni-Lyn

Asked by Keni-Lyn at 9:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2012 in Home & Garden

• i use a steam cleaner
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• That seems like answer. My mother used to get down with a toothbrush and some sort of gritty paste grout cleaner.
    I can't remember any other details except that no other house had tile floors
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• I've used oxyclean and a grout brush. Works pretty well.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• We put in brand new tile floors with very light, almost white grout and a year later the grout was awful. I steamed it with a power nozzle and it lightened up, but it never looked the same. I called a company (I think they may be part of a chain) called Grout Plus and had them come and clean and color seal the grout. It's an almost liquid plastic looking stuff they put on with thin rollers or brushes, and it took about 3 hours and $400. That was three years ago, and my grout still looks brand new. When you spill stuff on it, it wipes right off instead of soaking in. I want to say the guarantee is for 10 years. I just steam my floors with a pad as I normally would, and they look perfectly new.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• JJK -definitely worth the money.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I was gonna say that there is a company - I guess it is the one JJK is talking about.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• oxyclean
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2012