Is this hormones or something worse?

Lately I have been having out of control feelings that I can't really explain. Everything in my life is fine, but I have been so emotional and feel almost depressed. I feel sad one minute, pissed off the next. I feel anxiety and nervous, then I feel worry and feelings like something bad is going to happen to me. I suffer from insomnia and am exhausted all day long. No energy or want to do anything except come home from work and go to bed. I have been to the doctor and she said I have general anxiety disorder. She gave me some pills and told me to lay off the caffeine. It just seems like it is getting worse, the way I feel. I get scared, nervous, mad, sad, you name it, I feel it. I feel like I can't control it and don't know why I feel this way. Nothing in my life has changed from the norm. Does anyone else feel like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like anxiety. I have a friend who suffers from it. Very controllable, just see your dr and tell him all this. She's on la slight medication and says it works great. I've noticed a difference in her too.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Oh, yeah... I meant to tell you.. my friend went through a couple of different medications and doses before they found what was right for her.... don't give up yet.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Sounds to me like you are the poster child for depression. Sleep, an impending sense of doom, exhaustion, insomnia all classic signs. Maybe you think everything in your life is fine...but subconsiously you feel it is not. I would get a second opinion for sure and I would also find someone to talk to about how you feel. It is so easy for doctors to just get out a pill for you to take and think your problem is solved. I would try journaling, maybe explore just what you are feeling in black and white so to speak. I wonder how old you are? Keep asking for help, that is half the battle to feeling better.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:04 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I am 34
    Anonymous