Care Packages to College

My daughter just went away to college a week ago ;(
I wanted to send her a care package for her and her room-mate. they've become good friends.
Her birthday is also at the end of Sept. I have not clue what to mail her - -

Any suggestions?

Should I theme the package? or just send random stuff?

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• Snack item, popcorn, peanut butter and crackers, chex mix,
    Peanuts, raisins, candy.
    Those breakfast drink mixes.
    When it gets cooler I sent hot chocolate mix and marshmallows.
    You can theme or not.
    When midterms come you will more than likely get a flyer from a company that will send your daughter and study box. There are usually a variety of snacks. I thought they were too expensive but then you have to add in the shipping and time to buy all the stuff so maybe not.
    I ould include something that speaks of home to her even a small stuffed animal.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• send random stuff! microwave desserts, popcorn, gift cards to restaurants, gas gift cards, maybe a picture of her dog or something she left behind for a while, some picture frames, pens and pencils... just random stuff she may need more of or would be happy to not have to buy!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• I think a theme would be fun. Do a birthday party theme. Put in princess birthday crowns (or party hats if she's not princessy) goody bags with snacks she loves, a box of hostess cupcakes and a candle, birthday plates and napkins.

you could even start sending a monthly themed care package...movie night, holiday themed packages...Oh, now I want to do one for my son in Baltimore!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• I would send 2- one now, just random things that she might need or that will make her smile, & one for her birthday. I love all of But_Mommies ideas! For her birthday, I recommend a 2-sided frame with a picture of you holding her the day she was born, & the most recent one of you two.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• I've been looking on Pinterest at some neat little gift idea's. DUH, I never put the birthday and package together - that's an awesome idea. A little party in a box. The school offers you to send a cake to her on her day.
    I've already seen the pre-packaged set - it just looks to plain and not personal at all. Plus they do cost a lot.
    I was going to look into those flat rate boxes choice a size and fill it up with whatever will fit inside.
    Thanks
    SassySue123

Comment by SassySue123 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• Gift cards for groceries and pizza places lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• I'd send 1 or 2 unneccessary things, like a movie or something, but mostly I'd send gift cards to grocery stores and such because they always come up short on things this will ensure she can get what she needs and that's mostly what they want now. My son just graduated from trade school and for the 1 1/2 yrs he was gone that's what he kept asking for....$ for that stuff
    Keni-Lyn

Answer by Keni-Lyn at 12:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2012

• random
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2012