Do you have to do fundraising with your kids?

If so, where do you sell the candy bars or whatever is is?
Seems like there are too many legalities these days. Sheesh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2012 in

• Most of ours are online anymore... or can be. so I post a link on my facebook page and my friends and family order stuff.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• No you do not have to. I just write a check to the school cause the stuff they have to sell noone I know is interested. They have the small catalog of things that includes wrapping paper and some other things.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• We do. I used to bring it in to work, but I'm not working anymore. Now I just buy what our family wants and that's it. I don't go around selling. I hate bothering people with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• We usually do a buy out for the fundraising they have to do (groups not having to do with school). School fundraisers are optional. We have so many kids on our street that there are pretty much no homes to sell to since they almost all have a student. In those cases I will donate a certain amount per child. Not everyone does those fundraising things either. A few years ago when I made a point to buy a certain amount of gift wrap, candies, cards and gifty type items I went to the school to pick the things up and found out that only 7 of the 23 students in the class had orders for that particular fundraiser. Many parents just don't do it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• I have a product I know will sell. I just didn't know I wouldn't be able to sell it anywhere. *Sigh*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• Do you think I could get away with putting out signs and setting up a table in my front yard? lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2012

• We never did because their school always said not to go door to door or set up anything. We were supposed to just sell to family and friends. I knew my family and friends either wouldn't want what was being sold, or more often than not, couldn't afford it (the stuff was ridiculously overpriced and really poor quality). So I just always explained to my kids that we couldn't do it.

If you really want to sell something, I'd see if maybe your local grocery store would let you set up outside their doors. I'd think that'd be the best way to reach a lot of people and not have to expend a lot of effort, gas, whatever.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:47 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Our schools do fundraising but will also take donation checks. It's easier to write a check for $50 then to go sell wrapping paper or frozen cheesecakes.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I wouldn't bother with a table in the front yard. Just buy what you want and that's enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• i spent the last 2 1/2 years dealing with private school where fundraising was required. as in if you didn't do enough you got billed for your missing $

so now in public school it's "greatly appreciated" but I am rebelling against the pressure and refusing. At least for this year. I need a damn break,
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2012

Next question in
What does the teacher want?

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
The 2 year molars