Pregnant with a piece of my paragard IUD still inside...

Over the course of this year I have lost 100 lbs and am now 9 days late, have seen a doctor who has confirmed the pregnancy. The problem is that I have had a paragard copper T IUD in since 2008 when I had my last child. They said initially that with all my weigh loss that I probably caused the IUD to shift and then eventually it shifted enough to break. They pulled out most of it, but then I have still have part of the arm (usually they are a "T"...now I have a upside down "L")...I wondered if anyone has ever gone through this? What happened to you, what happened to the pregnancy? Even if it's prayer's I appreciate it... :) We are happy about the pregnancy, but just concerned about the situation at hand. I have an OB apt on tuesday to figure out what can be done. The rest of the IUD is in the lower half of my cervix so I would think it would be easier to pull out but there is still a huge risk of a miscarriage, which I have never had one...

MamaRoberts

Asked by MamaRoberts at 10:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Wow, I've never dealt with that before. What has the doctor said? Is he concerned? Does he want to get it out of there?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• They are concerned because of the chances of miscarriage...I see an OB on Tuesday to see what we will be doing...
    MamaRoberts

Comment by MamaRoberts (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Well, I wish I had some helpful advice for you. But since I don't, I'll just say good luck and I hope all goes well.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Well thank you....
    MamaRoberts

Comment by MamaRoberts (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2012