Do you have friends you're embarrassed

to take in public? I mean I have a very good friend whom I love and enjoy playdates with, but who is also very loud and when I'm in public with her I'm always wondering what people think? Unlike most other moms, she does not tone down anything in public, she yells at her kids if they are in trouble at the same volume at home as in a grocery store or at the park...any one else have friends that they enjoy time with but find going out with them very stressful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2012 in Relationships

• No
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:07 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Afraid not. But you might broach it with your friend. Who knows/ She might be losing her hearing and not realizing how loud she is.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• My mom embarasses me in public. LOL. We got kicked out of a pet store when we were with her. LOL. If i see something I know she is going to embarass me with, I walk away quick. LOL. She knows it too!
    Amanda0712

Answer by Amanda0712 at 2:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Not really. I have a couple that I try to limit most of our interaction to online and phone, because something they do bugs me, but not embarrassment. Like I have one friend who, last year, was cheating on her husband up, down, and sideways and basically acting liek a total bitch to everyone. Now this year, she's suddenly found religion - which is great, don't get me wrong. But everything out of her mouth is about God, and praying, and religion, and the Bible. She actually once said that she prayed and God helped her fix her computer speakers. It's a little over the top for me, and I'm afraid that in person, I'd be tempted to snap and tell her to give it a rest. I don't want to do that, so I try to avoid being in person with her.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2012

• yes i have friends like that also and have been with them somewhere out in public but thankfully they have never brought to much attention to us where i would walk away from them lol
    libas.mommy

Answer by libas.mommy at 7:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• no my friends are awesome
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 4:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2012