Should I say something or mind my own business?

My MIL and I have NEVER seen eye to eye, and I usually think she gets what she deserves, but I find myself feeling sorry for her right now. Her DH just had a heart attack, and when in the hospital his ex kept calling. MIL told her that her DH wanted his kids to go over, but no one else since he didn't want any drama. Given she said it in a rude tone. Well the ex told her son that his dad didn't want him to go, only his sister. The son wrote his dad a letter saying he was upset, and wanted to know what he did wrong. MIL's DH left her over this, but he thinks she said for his son not to go. I was there when she talked to the ex and know what was said. Should I tell her DH what really happened or mind my own business? I mean if I told him he wouldn't think I was doing it just to cover her butt, because he knows we don't get along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Normally I would say stay out of it, but in this case I think you should tell him he has the right to know the truth and even if your MIL and you don't get along, she shouldn't be punished for something she didn't do
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would Definitely say some thing What a rude EX, Ugh some women He deserve to know the truth But i'm not sure if I was your MIL if I would take him back if he just left and didn't believe her side of the story or even consider it . Well best of luck Speak up i'm sure your MIL is upset
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 1:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i would.
    do what feels right.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would totally say something! the ex is trying to ruin the marriage by lieing and she is succeeding! tell him what you know...that way the ex is exposed for what she really is. a lying jealous b*tch!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would tell him what you heard your MIL say to his ex. Where did he go when he left your MIL? Maybe he wants to go back with his ex, is that a possibility? He should know that it was his ex that told his son not to go see him, NOT your MIL. Maybe if you help to straighten this out, it will bring you closer to your MIL, and you'll get along better.

Your MIL may have used a rude tone to the ex on the phone, but remember, her DH was in the hospital after suffering a heart attack, so I'm sure she was stressed.
    ProudTxGrandma

Answer by ProudTxGrandma at 12:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2009