I'm not overreacting, am I?

I have this friend that I've known for about 8 years or so. Every single time we hang out I have to go to her. I live pretty far from her and since I have to take the light rail to her house it takes me about 2 hours and 45 minutes to get there. I have suggested that she meet mw halfway somewhere but she only wants to hang out at her house. Also, she has a car so she wouldn't be spending nearly 3 hours on a bus and train. So she tells me she wants to hang out today and I told her no because it's way too far for me to make that trip without her even being willing to meet me halfway. She then suggested this restaurant that's 2 blocks behind her house and I got mad because that's not even remotely close to being halfway. So basically I told her that im fed up with the fact that I always have to go to her and she has never once been to my house or even my side of town. She said that I'm overreacting because it's easy for me to get there because im mostly on the light rail. I told her " you have a vehicle, if I can spend 3 hours on buses and train, surely you can make the drive here every now and then". She again started to say that I was overreacting, and I got so angry I hung up on her. I'm not going to her anymore, I don't think it's fair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2012 in Relationships

• From your addendum... this is a friendship that should have ended years ago. AS soon as you noted the lack of reciprocity.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2012