Has anyone gotten a tattoo while pregnant?

Did you have a healthy baby and labour?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2012 in Pregnancy

• No, lol! Any reputable shop won't do it and you shouldn't even consider it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Unless you're talking about having gotten one before knowing you were pregnant, and only being a few weeks pregnant when getting it, it's pretty selfish to even consider a tattoo while pregnant. Wait a few months til baby's born (and you're done bf, if you're going to bf).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• People where in my question did I say I was considering it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• No, any reputable tat artist will not tattoo anyone who's pregnant
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Why are you asking if you are not considering it??? Hmmm kinda suspicious. But i agree with PP any reputable place will NOT tattoo you while pregnant and it also shouldn't be done if you are planning on nursing.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• That is a big no no
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 3:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Unless you did it before finding out then it is VERY irresponsible to do. Any reputable shop will NOT do it if a woman is visibly pregnant either. Should not be done while nursing either. If you can't sacrifice that for a few months then you really need to rethink your priorities before the child comes.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• As others have mentioned, reputable artists won't do it. In fact, my artist makes you sign a release stating that you are not pregnant.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Thanks everyone for commenting but it does not really answer my question fully. Someone very close to me has gotten one so I am mostly wondering if there will be a healthy baby and labour in the end not if the artist will do it or not because they obviously did.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2012