Tired of trying but scared to leave.

I have been married for 7 years now and with my husband for 9 yrs. We have a 7 years old daughter. I have been having problems with my husband since we married. He ignores me most of the time, has sex with me once every 3 to 4 months. I can't even remember the last time he french kissed me. This has been occuring for 7 years and getting worse. Well on top of all this, I just lost my job recently and he has not been supportive. I can not find a job and the unemployment benefits are peanuts. He tells me it's my problem and refuses to assist me with my bills. I am certain that in time something an opportunity will come up but I can't even count on him when I need him the most? I have never asked him for anything and he is financially stable to help me. So bottom line, no sex, no communication, no understanding and abuses me mentally yet I am scared to be out on my own especially now. Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• i know your scared..but it sounds to me like you could do bad by yourself...you dont need him degrading you for it..he is your husband and is supposed to love, support, and help you...I think that you should just take that step and leave when your able to...it'll be hard at first but you will do so much better in the long run!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Im not disreguarding your treatment at all, but how does he treat your daughter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• be a woman and leave!
    Anonymous

• How about child support and public assistance until you get back on your feet? Not being rude, but a nice, decent, humble existence is better than an emotionally abusive one. Your story sounds IDENTICAL to mine, before I divorced the jerk. PM me we can talk.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:14 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• He is ok with her. However, he does loses his temper quickly with her and calls her stupid when she can't get her homework right. I also have a 15 yr old son from a previous relationship and he simply does not like him. I know my son is lazy just like probably every teenage boy but he is a good kid. He doesn't have any relationship what so ever with my son.
    linosar

Answer by linosar at 2:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• YOU NEED TOO leave....if not for you then for your kids..there are shelters that will take you in by tomorrow morning
    Yes, leaving is hard but do it and don't look back..in years to come you will look back and thank god for the decision to leave...I know, I have been there....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• This isn't a marriage. Not by a long shot. This is living with the world's crappiest roommate. Time to break the lease.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You will be fine on your own but before u make any hasty decisions make sure this is what u really want to do. Been in the same type of relationship for a while and just decided to be more of roomates that spouses. That is the choice I made. I stay involved with my children and just live life around him. Life is too short make the best of it do you .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2009