Bloody show but no contractions...what should i do? adult content

This is my 4th pregnancy, ive never had a bloody show before and i kinda had a heartattack this morning when i realized there was bloody goop on the inside of my panties ( i know its sounds really gross,sorry ladies but thats the best way to describe it), my mother said that as long as i'm not having contractions i dont need to go the hospital and that it doesn't necessarily mean im going into labor but i will be soon ( as in today, tomorrow or even a week from now). I also called my doctor and she said pretty much the same thing, i'm not having contractions, my water hasn't broke (but then again ive never had my water break, theyve always had to do it at the hospital) i'm not in pain or anything just really drained and tired but then again i'm 9 months and my due date is in 2 weeks so i might just be tired from being uber pregnant, so ive been laying down and resting most of today not really doing anything. I was just wondering if this is normal, if anyone else has had theyre bloody show and not gone into labor, pretty much making sure my mom knows what shes actually talking about lol (im sure she does since she has 4 kids herself),

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 6:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I would call the birthing center and ask when they would like you to be admitted. I didn't have any bloody show with my first- just breaking of the waters.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Walk, if you can....just walk around, putter around and try to keep your mind off of it....and probably tonight.....soon..... it is normal, I was an L&D nurse.
    HUGS to you!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I had bloody show with both pregnancies. With my oldest, I started having contractions a day & a half later. With my youngest, a few hours (about 6) later.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I had it starting at 34 or 35 weeks. I didn't lose my whole mucus plug until I was 6-7cm dilated, though. The mucus plug regenerates until you're in full blown labor, so as long as your water hasn't broken, etc., I wouldn't worry about it. Some women lose pieces weeks before going into labor, some don't lose it until they're really in labor.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• i didnt have blood..just more of a mucus. about a month before my son was born
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2012

• Wth my daughter I started losing my plug around 36-37 weeks and my water broke on its own at 40 weeks 6 days. With my son I started having contractions at around 8 pm on my due date and at about 2am they were strong enough to wake me and when I went to the bathroom they was some blood. Not a whole lot but enough for me to start timing contractions and wake hubby up then call the doc because they were 2-4 minutes apart.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2012

• if youre worried id get checked
    proudmommy73188

Answer by proudmommy73188 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2012