My sister in law is picking names for her twins that are going to make sure they stay "redneck"

My husbands sister has no problem with her "country life" and her country husband, but now she is making things worse for her kids !

She is having twin boys soon and is insisting on naming them... Fisher & Farmer ....

yeah you read that right...

Those poor kids are going to HAVE to grow up to be a fisher and a farmer, because no one is going to hire some little redneck boys for anything more than redneck things !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2012 in Baby Names

• I've heard the name Fisher before. But Farmer? That's an occupation or job title, not a name. But you can only be a cool aunt & give them lots of love, regardless of their names or how you feel about their parents.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Fisher is ok....but Farmer,good lord!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Fisher is actually a biblical name , sooo yea.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• And btw wtf is wrong with country folk? Just remember without country folk and farmers your butt wouldn't have anything to eat.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I kinda like Farmer.. not any different than Hunter, or Mason & any other occupational names.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 8:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• LOL Harsh! I KNEW you'd be all over this one!

I agree with both harsh and anestheticsex, could be worst, Billy Bob and JR.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Not fisher and Hunter? Either way... the names aren't bad on their own... I don't think they would have trouble getting hired but they will be made fun of relentlessly until they leave school and even then any time anyone hears their twin's name... yeah...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• Cause I hate idiots, who gives a shit what she names her kids. If she wasn't a redneck but was a diehard Christian and named her kid fisher this post would be completely.different.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• You had me at   My husbands sister has no problem with her "country life" and her country husband,

Why does your opinion matter?  They aren't your kids, so it's not your decision.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2012

• I've heard Fisher before and never would associate it with "redneck." And like Harsh, I take offense too your insinuation that there's something wrong with living in the country. I happen to live in the country and I love it. I can see the stars at night, I can hear the sounds of nature, and I don't have to listen to my neighbors argue or have sex because their place is through a thin wall or only 4 feet away. And to be clear, I'm an author - would you like to try to tell me that's a "redneck" occupation?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2012