Question for all the smokers who have quit.

I have to quit smoking within the next 2 months, because I have to have surgery. Is there any pointers or advice you can give me?

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 2:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its hard
    i quit when i got pregnant
    the way i got to stop smokeing was i got mouth wash
    and washed my mouth out like 5 times a day
    and when ever i went to smoke the mixture of the mouth wash and the cigg smoke
    tasted so gross and now when ever i think of somking i get the though of the nasty taste
    and dont want to smoke any more
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 2:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Why do you have to quit for a surgery if you don't mind me asking? Anyhow the only way I found to actually work is cold turkey, but honestly that was both times I was pregnant and couldn't smoke, but I started again because I suck and couldn't help myself lol
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have to because if he does it when i smoke, i only have a 30 percent chance of healing.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
    When you feel a craving comming on pop in some gum!
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 2:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think she is getting her "BI-POLAR" removed because I really can't imagine a real woman wanting to have sex with her bitter horrible self. I have watched her answers and horrible self all the way from Korea and she makes me absolutely sick!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Only 30% percent chance you will heal and you still have to ask? Sounds like you aren't too eagar to heal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Change your habits.

If you smoke with a coffee in the morning, have an orange juice or a cup of tea instead.
    If you smoke at the bus stop, go to a different stop or use another form of transport.
    If you smoke at the computer, get it disconnected for a month and go and stock up on a whole heap of books.
    Buy something to put in your hands to fidget with.
    Buy a whole heap of sugarless lollies and pop one in your mouth when you want to smoke.
    Buy a bottle of sugarless Vitamin C and chew on them instead of smoking. They[ll put some vitamins back in your system & help with surgery recovery.
    Every day put the $$$ you would have spent on smokes in a glass jar and go shopping at the end of each fortnight & buy something.
    Buy a MP3 player and go to your local pharmacist & buy a combined relaxation/quit smoking CD and play it to yourself when you go to bed and before you get out of bed in the morning.
    GIVE UP. GOOD LUCK. YOU CAN DO
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 4:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yeah actually I am asking for tips, so I wont give in to my temptations. Grow up. And it is for a pinched nerve in my elbow dumbass. I am not bitter you are, and you are the horrible piece of shit not me. Good I hope I make you so sick you throw your guts up. Oh I have a wonderful husband and he loves to have sex with me, so STFU, and get a life.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Oh and by the way, you dont know me, just because you have read my answers means nothing. You know nothing about me or my life, so next time you want to judge, take a step back and look in the mirror and see how much of an ugly person you are yourself.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2009