If your husband were to spit on you twice and called you a bitch just because you tell him to pick up his mess, what would you do?

My husband never wants to do anything, and I want him to help me wash my 3 year old son's hands or change his diaper, its not fair that I always have to do everything, he doesnt even know how to cook so I cook for him everyday he should be greatful, plus this is my house that my dad made for me 25 years ago, hes lucky he doesnt have to pay rent, and hes still has the nerve to scream at my face all the time. He always gives me the bullsh*t that he pays the bills, but I tell him yeah the bills but youre saving tons on rent because you dont pay rent. I'm getting so tired of him but since hes the only one working right now, how do I do this? and i'm worried that my son will suffer like I did with my divorced parents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• This is just my knee-jerk response... but I'd probably clack him twice with the nearest iron skillet and call him gone.

Don't put up with it. Period. Your son will suffer worse when he carries these habits and attitudes into adulthood, when he can't get or have good relationships because this person embedded it in his brain that it's okay to act like that with people you "love". Break this cycle now. I said it earlier and I meant it... child support and public assistance is a better existence than an emotionally abusive one.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• IMO your son is going to suffer more with having him around and treating you like that, and if he were to spit in my face he would be out no way around that one to me spitting in my face is the most disrespectful thing you can ever do to anyone, sorry but your hubs sounds like a POS, I say kick his a$$ out because you deserve much better and I am sure your family will help you out until you can get on your feet

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• He wouldn't have lived to spit twice.

OK. Seriously? He's OUT. NO dad is better than a bad dad.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• im sorry to hear that a jerk like that said those nasty things to u! listen i know u love ur kid but u have to think of ur happiness also. u cant keep a marriage going cuz of the kids. ive watched my mother suffer being with my dad cuz she wanted me and my brothers and sisters to be happy. its only gonna get worst. he doesnt have to be out of ur sons life but if u want to be free and live again, GIRL U KNOW WHAT U GOT TO DO!
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You should throw him out. When you spit at someone that means you hate this person. There is no such thing as love in a persons heart who spits at the spouse. I would have to despise someone to be able to spit at them.

And just for your information: your son will suffer more when he will see how your husband is treating you. bring him to daycare, get a job and throw this bum out of YOUR (!!) house.

good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have to agree with all the Mom who have answered you. Emotional abuse is not acceptable.Your child needs to not see this kind of unacceptable behavior-I wonder if hes staying there cuz he has nowhere else to go cuz if he loved you, he wouldnt do the things he does. Even Moms need a break from the daily things we do. Stand up for yourself and realize you dont need that stuff in your and your son's life.Good luck and God bless you all-im here if you need me
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 2:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• sounds like my 1st husband. I got away from because I didn't want my girls to grow up thinking that it was normal to be treated like shit.
    It has been 13 yrs and they see their dad for the peice of crap that he is and know he is the very type of person to avoid when it comes to guys.
    Your the mom, you decde the enviroment your kids get raised in and if you don't take a stand NOW..your self worth will crumble into nothing and then who will the kids have to look up too?
    It's one thing to have a lazy husband it's a whole new ballgame when they degrade you with spitting.....or hitting....
    Don't make excuses, call a shelter and do what you know is right and best for those kids.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:02 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Do you want your son to grow up thinking its ok for HIM to treat women like that?
    Because if you dont put a stop to it he will think its ok, and he will treat woman as your husband treats you
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Get rid of him.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 4:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Easy.. get rid of him.. It's your house. Do you want your Son growing up to disrespect you ( and other Women) like that? Spitting is the LOWEST form of disrespect ( IMO).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2009