Is it wrong to make fun of bad tattoos?

My friend just got her first tattoo. It's misspelled and just tacky. Wrong to laugh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2012 in Relationships

• How good of a friend?

I probably would laugh but also point those 2 obvious facts out.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• I do not understand how/ why people get misspelled tattoos! It is something I'd check and double check before letting anyone touch me with the ink!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• okay she can go get the breathe one fixed easily but I cant decide what the other one is supposed to say-
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• Well, I would have to laugh, but not to their face- she probably feels stupid enough as it is! I agree with Luv, "breathe" win't be too bad to fix. My eyesight sucks, but does the other side say, " U R strong" ?
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• Your friend had a tat done in text speak?

sidesplittinglaughter

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• Hell no it's not wrong! Sure, feel sorry for them BUT you are supposed to proof the tat before the ink is applied.

If you don't know how tattoos are done ... they are either drawn freehand on the skin (usually tribal designs) or they are done by (for lack of a better phrase) decal and I don't mean flash. It's where they or you have drawn the design and then run it through a special printer that allows them and you to decide exactly how the tattoo will look. If you can't be bothered to make sure everything is spelled right BEFORE the ink starts ... you deserve what you get!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• I'd laugh my ass off. She had to obviously, or maybe not, approve of the artwork before getting the tattoo. No one noticed the misspelled words? The tattoo artist should fix it for free.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• My DD got mad at me because her tattoo looks good. But they collared it poorly.

Answer by louise2 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2012

• No, not wrong to laugh. I would ask her if she had to pay per letter and if she was short on funds. Maybe that's why she left off the 'e' and used text speak. Not enough money to buy a vowel. LOL.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2012