Anyone else experiencing a "delay" with their refunds?

The IRS website suddenly says there is a "delay" with the refund we were expecting to get by tomorrow. We know everything was filed correctly, and everything was on schedule until today, so we're really confused. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• YES!!! DH and I just went to check cause it was supposed to be there at midnight and it said the same thing!!! I am mad, I want that money lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I just checked mine and I received mine. Because of the economy there have been a record number of people who have filed earlier than they normally do along with people who normally don't get refunds are now getting refunds because they have lost their jobs. Several people I have talked to that were suppose to get their refund last weekend said that on average it was a 3 day delay. You should get it by the 10th.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Thanks guys! Here's hoping it's here by the 10th. :) That's really when I need it, so if it comes by then I will be happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
    Anonymous

• In one of the groups I am in I saw a similar post and it looks like most people are expecting delays. We just barely filed ours so we haven't personally experienced the delay yet.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009