Dark Brown Discharge?

So I had my daughter 5 weeks ago. Directly afterwards the blood was bright red for a while, but it stopped for a while. Recently I had a little bit of brown discharge which I wasnt too worried about but today where was quite a bit. Is this normal? Oh yeah, I also had a fever last weekend that lasted for four days and at one point got really bad (104 temp). I dont know if the two are linked or not. Anyone might know whats going on?

ArmyWifeNewMom

Asked by ArmyWifeNewMom at 4:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Health

• sounds like old blood to me.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 6:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• old blood i bled for 6 weeks after my daughter and the last week was old blood like that... don't worry i think everything is normal... if you are worried you can call your ob but you should be having your 6 week follow up soon so you can ask then too! Good Luck
    KehoeFamily

Answer by KehoeFamily at 7:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• fever I would keep eye on one thing maybe to spend day with feet up the uterrus may need sometime to heal so take it easy a few day tell dr if it gets any more weirdd
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2009