My 3 year old gets stomach aches/ vomits quite a bit at her fathers house..

My 3 year old dd has gotten sick and vomited multiple times twice in the last couple of weeks over at her dads house. We live in a wet place and I am concerned it may be related to mold? he lives in an older house as well, could it be lead? She has never gotten sick at my current house but has been sick maybe 4 times at her dads in the last 4 months. I am not sure what is going on!! I am taking her to the doctor but would like some input as to what it could be so I can look it up and get some more information. Thanks!

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 11:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2012 in Health

• Maybe her diet.. but mold can cause that and it is very unsafe for your dd to be around that.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2012

• It could also just be nerves without mom around.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2012

• I doubt it is lead poisoning or she would be having problems all the time, not just at her dad's house. I say it is possibly nerves. Have you talked to her dad about it? Do you guys have the same routines?
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2012

• Well, if she's getting sick at dad's place and not at home with you, I'd say it's not anything to do with your house - although mold is bad and you should try to get rid of it or move, if you can.

It could be something at her dad's house, or maybe she just misses you? With it only happening, on average, once a month, I'd wonder if it's maybe just nerves, or missing you, or something happens that bothers her - maybe dad has a girlfriend he argues with?

Have you talked to her dad about this at all? I'd start there. He might be able to give you some insight that a 3 yr old can't - maybe he's fed her the same thing each of those times and it's a food allergy. It's hard to say. I'd start with talking to him, if you haven't already.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:49 AM on Sep. 3, 2012

• Does she enjoy going to visit her father? Is this her way of getting out of going to see him?
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2012

• Yeah mold can cause that. I would wonder does she enjoy her visits with Dad. Good luck Mama.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2012